This Privacy Notice describes how ClosetMaid, a subsidiary of Griffon Corporation, (“ClosetMaid,” “our,” “us” or “we”), collects, uses and shares information about you (” Information”) and what privacy choices we offer you when you use our websites, email notifications, mobile applications, social media applications, widgets, and other online services (the “Services”).
California Consumer Privacy Act
For information about California resident rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act please see our AMES Companies California Consumer Privacy Act Disclosure.
Information We Collect
We collect personal and non-personal information you provide us to make a purchase or a product inquiry or otherwise use the Services. We automatically collect personal and non-personal information about how you use the Services and your preferences.
How We Use Your Information
We use your information to provide you the Services you have requested, improve our Services, market our products, and track your preferences.
How We Share Your Information
We share your information with our affiliates and business partners to inform you about products and offers that may be of interest to you, unless you have requested that we not share your information with third parties for marketing purposes.
We also share your information with our service providers, who are required to treat your Personal Information in accordance with this Privacy Notice, as required by law and in certain other situations.
We provide you choices with respect to how we use and share your information.
Information Collection and Use
Through your use of the Services we may collect Personal Information from you, including:
- Your name, email, username, phone number, company, title and address, (“Contact Information”)
- Your credit card number, billing address, shipping address, security code and other payment transaction and verification details (“Payment Information”)
We may also collect Non-Personal Information from you, including:
- Pages and products viewed, items added to your shopping cart, ads that you clicked on, emails from us that you opened, browser type, operating system, IP address and device information (“Analytical Information”)
- Information that does not identify you by name or individually, such as aggregated data, and/or anonymous or de-identified information (“Non-personal Information”)
- We may also collect publicly available information about you from third-party sources, such as the postal service for shipping address verification.
We use your information for the following purposes:
- Purchases: We use your Contact Information and Payment Information to allow us to process and fulfill purchases you make through the Services.
- Customer Service: We use your Contact Information to receive and respond to your questions about products, services or warranties and to communicate with you about contests or sweepstakes. To address your questions, we may also request your industry and/or the name and address of the dealer that sold you our product.
- Feedback: We use your username, email address, products purchased, and other user-generated content you may provide when you rate and review our products and participate in community forums (e.g., message boards and blogs).
- Site Registration: We use your Contact Information when you create an account through any of our Services in order to provide you a more personalized user experience. You may also provide us with personal information based on user-generated content you provide through the Services (e.g., in blogs or posts).
- Analytics: When you use the Services, we automatically collect and use Analytical Information in order for us to continually improve your experience with our Services and to target marketing and advertising to you.
- Marketing: We may use your Contact Information to provide you with marketing communications, unless you have opted out of such communications and to conduct market research. We may also use information you provide us, including industry, whether you own our product, your interests, demographics, experience with our products, and user-generated content, for these marketing purposes.
- Location-Based Services: To allow you to locate the nearest retailer to purchase our products, we may collect your country and zip code.
We may also use your Personal Information in other ways that are consistent with the above-described purposes and to otherwise administer our websites and provide our Services to you.
We maintain commercially reasonable safeguards to help protect your Personal Information, including assuring that third-party service providers who access or handle Personal Information on our behalf and affiliates maintain such safeguards. We seek to encrypt credit card numbers from e-commerce transactions conducted on our site using secure socket layer (SSL) technology.
However, no method of Internet transmission or electronic storage is 100% secure or error-free, so we unfortunately cannot guarantee absolute security. It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), please immediately notify us by email email@example.com or by calling us at 1- 800-874-0008.
We use “cookies,” a small text file transferred to your device, along with similar technologies (e.g., internet tag technologies, web beacons and embedded scripts) to help provide you a better, more personalized user experience. These technologies are used to:
- Make the user experience more efficient (e.g., maintaining items in your Shopping Cart between visits).
- Remember your preferences (e.g., browsing language, account login information)
- Help us understand and improve how visitors use our site, including which of our pages and products are viewed most frequently.
The Options/Settings section of most internet browsers will tell you how to manage the cookies and other technologies that may be transferred to your device, including how to disable such technologies. You can disable our cookies or all cookies through your browser settings, but please note that disabling cookies may impact some of the site’s features.
We also allow third parties to place cookies on your device through the Services to:
- Help us understand and improve how visitors use our site, including which of our pages and products are viewed most frequently.
- More effectively market our products and services and advertise other products and services that may be of interest to you.
- Obtain your feedback on our products and the Services.
- Allow you to engage in our social media offerings (e.g., clicking the “Like” button on our site).
You may visit the following links from our third-party partners to opt-out of their tracking and learn about their privacy practices:
- To opt-out, please click here: http://info.closetmaid.com/hs/manage-preferences/unsubscribe
- To opt-out, please download and install the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on by visiting: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
Although not all cookies and similar technologies that we use are required for you to use the Services, disabling these technologies altogether could prevent the Services from working properly and disable features that allow you to take full advantage of the Services we offer.
Some web browsers incorporate a “Do Not Track” feature that signals to websites you visit that you do not want to have your online activity tracked. Given that there is not a uniform way that browsers communicate the “Do Not Track” signal, our site does not currently interpret, respond to or alter its practices when it receives “Do Not Track” signals. However, we do provide choices about what Griffon ads you receive through the opt-out links in the Cookies section above.
Information Shared with Third Parties
We only share your Personal Information with companies, organizations and individuals outside of ClosetMaid as described below:
- Affiliates and Business Partners. We may share your Personal Information with ClosetMaid’s affiliates and other companies, including our unaffiliated dealers, manufacturers, and suppliers in order for these companies to contact you about their products, services or other offerings that may be of interest to you. We may also transfer your personal information to other Griffon Corporation (“Griffon”) owned business entities in the US and worldwide. By accessing our websites, registering for an account or service with us, or otherwise providing us with your Personal Information, you consent to this transfer of your Personal Information throughout the global Griffon network of entities. To choose to opt-out of such disclosures, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 1-800-874-0008. This Privacy Notice does not govern unaffiliated third-party websites or any other website that does not link to this Privacy Notice.
- Service Providers. We may share your Personal Information with affiliated and unaffiliated companies that perform tasks on our behalf related to our business. Such tasks include processing payments, fulfilling orders, delivering packages, locational services, analyzing site usage data, customer service, electronic and postal mail service, contests and sweepstakes administration, marketing services and social commerce and media services (e.g., Facebook, ratings, reviews and forums). Third-party service providers only receive your Personal Information as necessary to perform their role, and we instruct them not to use your Personal Information for any other purposes.
As Required or Appropriate by Law. We will use and disclose your Personal Information as necessary or appropriate:
- Under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence, to comply with legal process and to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence;
- to enforce our terms and conditions, including investigations of potential violations thereof;
- to detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues;
- to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; and to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
- Business Transfers. As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy brands, stores, subsidiaries or business units. We may share your Personal Information with a third party in such transactions (including but not limited to, any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, brands, affiliates, subsidiaries or other assets), customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets, but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing Privacy Notice.
- Based on Your Consent. We may share or disclose your Personal Information at your direction.
We may share aggregated, Non-personal Information publicly and with our partners – like publishers, advertisers or connected sites. For example, we may share information publicly to show trends about the general use of our services or products.
Links to Third Party Sites
Accessing the Services from Outside the United States
Personal Information collected through the Services is stored on servers in the United States. By using any of our Services, you consent to the collection, use, and disclosure of your information as described in this Privacy Notice, including the transfer of your information to Griffon in the United States and other countries where Griffon and its affiliates and subsidiaries operate. You may withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us. Prior uses and disclosures will not be affected (unless required by applicable law), and we may otherwise continue to process Personal Information as permitted or required by law.
If you have created an online account with us and would like to update the information you have provided to us, you can access your account on the site to view and make changes or corrections to your information. If you do not want to receive marketing or other communications from us, please use the unsubscribe method provided in our communications, or email us at email@example.com or call us at 1-800-874-0008. We will retain your Personal Information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Privacy Notice, unless a longer period is required or allowed by law.
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice, please write to us by mail at 13485 Veterans Way, Orlando, FL 32827, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We may update this Privacy Notice from time to time. Please check the “Effective Date” at the top of this page to see when this Privacy Notice was last revised. Unless otherwise noted, any changes we make to this Privacy Notice will become effective immediately once posted on this page. Your continued use of the Services following any changes to this Privacy Notice indicates your consent to the practices described in the revised Privacy Notice. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all information that we have about you and your account.